Skip combing the papers! Forget about surfing the net! The Brooklyn Reader has compiled the latest headlines concerning you and all residents of Central Brooklyn:
- Eight new apartment buildings going up for Hasidic families in Broadway Triangle (New York Yimby)
- Companies like Wal-Mart and Amazon could see their tax bills increase under a proposal from de Blasio to change the city’s tax code (Crain’s)
- Forest City Enterprises announces plan to convert to a REIT (Atlantic Yards Report)
- The “Stop Common Core” ballot line that received enough votes in the Nov. 4 elections is changing its name to the “Reform Party” (Gannett Albany) reports:
- New York City officials agreed to eliminate the use of solitary confinement for all inmates age 21 and under (The New York Times)
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!