On Saturday, April 23, 2022, Lyft/Citi Bike will offer free one-day passes to new riders as part of the New York City Department of Transportation’s Car-Free Earth Day Celebration.
New riders can use the code CARFREE22 in the Citi Bike app to receive unlimited 30-minute rides on a classic Citi Bike for 24 hours.
“More New Yorkers than ever choose Citi Bike for a fun, sustainable way to get from Point A to Point B,” said Caroline Samponaro, vice president of Transit, Bikes, and Scooters Policy at Lyft.
DOT has scheduled celebrations along nine City streets with programming promoting education around climate change and sustainability, plus fun community-based performances and activities for all ages.
Corridors will all be open for riding and walking, a perfect opportunity to embrace the spring and summer biking season. The 2022 Open Street Season will also officially kick off with over 80 streets activated in communities throughout the city.
NYC DOT’s nine locations:
- Bronx, Roberto Clemente Plaza, 3rd Avenue, 148th Street to 149th Street
- Bronx, Southbound Mosholu Parkway, Van Cortlandt Avenue East to Bainbridge Avenue
- Brooklyn, Tompkins Avenue, Gates Avenue to Halsey Street
- Manhattan, Avenue B, East 6th Street to East 14th Street
- Manhattan, Broadway, East 17th Street to West 42nd Street
- Manhattan, Dyckman Street, Quisqueya Plaza to Dyckman Marina
- Manhattan, St. Nicholas Avenue, 181st Street to 190th Street
- Queens, 34th Avenue, 69th Street to 94th Street
- Staten Island, Minthorne Street, Bay Street to Victory Boulevard
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!