After a fatal mass shooting on Sunday morning in Brooklyn that left two people dead and three injured, the NYPD are calling on the public for help.
The shooting occurred inside the event space Brooklyn Garden at 101 Wortman Avenue in East New York in the early hours of Sunday, AMNY reports.
More than 100 people were gathered at the venue celebrating when an argument broke out that resulted in a man brandishing a gun and starting to shoot, said Assistant Chief Judith Harrison, commanding officer of Patrol Borough Brooklyn North. Harrison said an arrest for the mass shooting is yet to be made.
Preliminary investigations revealed that there was a verbal dispute inside 101 Wortman Ave. when an unknown male brandished a firearm and began shooting. He shot two people inside that location, Harrison said.
Also shot on the corner of Georgia Avenue and Wortman Avenue were three males who were sitting inside of a grey Infiniti Sedan. All five of the victims were taken to area hospitals, two of the five were pronounced deceased. The other three victims are currently being treated for their injuries.
The victims of the shooting are 36-year-olds Nicholas Palmer and Novada Bailey.
Harrison addressed the public on Sunday afternoon outside the 75th Precinct station alongside commanding officer of Patrol Borough Brooklyn North, Deputy Chief John Chell, and Deputy Inspector Rohan Griffith.
The officers who said there was no history of complaints at the venue — did not say whether the shooting was thought to be gang related, but did say they were concerned about retaliation.
Deputy Chief John Chell said when three officers arrived at the party they found a 32-year-old man who had been shot numerous times, who directed them one block away to Georgia and Wortman Avenues.
They encountered a grey vehicle, which looked like it was involved in a motor vehicle accident, inside that motor vehicle accident there were three males shot. Two are DOA, and one is fighting for his life.
Chell said a few hours after the victims were transported to hospital, a fifth victim drove himself to Montefiore Hospital in New Rochelle with a gunshot wound.
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!