The Brooklyn Bridge will be closed to Manhattan-bound traffic on Saturday from 12:01 am to 7 am. Motorists should consider the Manhattan Bridge, Williamsburg Bridge, or Hugh L. Carey Brooklyn Battery Tunnel (MTA-tolled facility) as alternate routes.
The following streets in Brooklyn will be closed Friday through Sunday from 10 am to 6 pm for the DUMBO Arts Festival:
* Water Street between Adams Street and Anchorage Place
* Water Street between New Dock Street and Adams Street
* Main Street between Front Street and Plymouth Street
* Plymouth Street between Main Street and Washington Street
* Anchorage Place between Pearl Street and Plymouth Street
* Washington Street between Plymouth Street and Water Street
The following streets will be closed on Saturday:
* 8th Avenue between 14th Street and 23rd Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Chelsea Midtown Democrats 8th Avenue Festival
* 6th Avenue between 42nd Street and 56th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Big Apple Performing Arts & Innovative Community Festival.
* 37th Avenue between 83rd Street and 90th Street in Queens will be closed fromnoon to 6 pm for the Jackson Heights Kiwanis Club 37th Avenue Festival.
* 3rd Avenue between 76th Street and 92nd Street in Brooklyn will be closed from 1 pm to 3 pm for the Ragamuffin Parade.
The following streets will be closed on Sunday:
* Lexington Avenue between 42nd Street and 57th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the NYC Octoberfest Cathedral High School and Friends of Dag Hammarskjold Festival.
* Vesey Street between Broadway and Church Street in Manhattan will be closed from11 am to noon for a St. Paul’s Chapel Religious Ceremony.
* Broadway between 96th Street and 106th Street in Manhattan will be closed fromnoon to 5 pm for the 26th Annual Upper Broadway Harvest Festival.
* Bell Boulevard between 39th Avenue and 41st Avenue in Queens will be closed fromnoon to 5 pm for the DOT Weekend Walks Bayside Village September Street Walk.
* Atlantic Avenue between Hicks Street and 4th Avenue in Brooklyn will be closed fromnoon to 6 pm for the Atlantic Antic.
* Third Avenue between Bay Ridge Avenue and 94th Street in Brooklyn will be closed from noon to 6 pm for the Third Avenue Festival.
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!