1. Alternate Side of the Street Parking regulations are in full effect for the week.
2. The Week in weather:
3. Traffic Alert
- Atlantic Avenue between Fort Green Place and Carlton Avenue; Three lanes of traffic will be maintained westbound and two lanes maintained eastbound. These lanes closures will occur on/or about July 10th, 2014 as part of the Atlantic Yards construction project.
- Pacific Street between Carlton Avenue and 6th Avenue: This street will be converted from two-way to one-way westbound on or about July 10th, 2014 for approximately four months to facilitate construction activity associated with the Atlantic Yards project.
4. MTA Planned Service Changes for: Monday, July 14 – Thursday, July 17
5. Start or end your day with a fun workout geared for all ages and fitness levels. Work up a sweat at Restoration Plaza’s West Plaza with its weekly Kickboxing, Zumba, or Total Body Conditioning workouts. Beginning this Wednesday and every Wednesday, July 16 – September 24. Humble School of Martial Arts’; Master Sabu, 10:30am; Conditioning with Fit 4 Life’s Nakisha Ross, 11:30am Zumba with Shape Up NYC’s Maxie Davis, 6:00pm. Restoration is located at 1368 Fulton Street in Bed-Stuy.
On Thursday, July 17, 7:30 PM at Greenlight Bookstore is Danny Simmons presents The Brown Beatnik Tomes: In addition to being the co-producer of the hit HBO series (and Tony-winning Broadway show) Def Poetry Jam with his siblings Russell and Joseph, Danny Simmons is a contemporary abstract expressionist artist, poet and author, whose art can be seen in establishments all over the world including The Smithsonian and The United Nations. His new book The Brown Beatnik Tomes, published by KMW Studio Publishing, is Simmons’ third volume of art and writing, and his most wide-ranging and multi-disciplined project to date. I
6. The Kickstarter Film Festival is this Friday, July 18, in Fort Greene Park. Come out for r a night of great films, amazing food, and special musical performances. Free and open to the public!
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!