The incident at Sing Hua injured two people, including a firefighter, after flames and heavy smoke broke out around 5 a.m. They were sent to NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County.

The kitchen of the restaurant was blackened, and piles of debris littered the ground. The residential floor above the restaurant was also destroyed.

The FDNY says they needed a hazmat response due to lithium-ion batteries that were involved in the fire. The owner told News 12 that everything was fine when they left the restaurant at 1 a.m. He said through a translator that the restaurant had been there for eight years.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.