A woman was injured Wednesday when a boiler caught fire and led to a small gas explosion in Bedford-Stuyvesant.

According to Fire Department officials, the blaze broke out just after 6 pm on Aug. 4, inside 687 Myrtle Avenue. Firefighters from Ladder Company 102 used one hose line to extinguish the fire, after which FDNY hazmat specialists investigated alongside reps from National Grid and Con Edison, who were there to check for gas throughout the four-story building.

Firefighters on the scene of a small fire and gas explosion on Myrtle Avenue. Sign up for our PoliticsNY newsletter for the latest coverage and to stay informed about the 2021 elections in your district and across NYC

A woman was injured Wednesday when a boiler caught fire and led […]

$
$
$

Your contribution is appreciated.

Make a Donation

BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *