A new online one-stop COVID-19 Recovery Center has been launched to connect New Yorkers with city, state and federal relief and services as we emerge from the pandemic.
On Tuesday, NYC Comptroller Scott M. Stringer announced the new site, which will offer comprehensive multilingual information, resources and opportunities for tenants, homeowners, parents, small business owners, excluded workers, and more.
Through the online hub, residents can access critical information about public programs including the COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program, expanded Child Tax Credit, COVID-19 funeral assistance, Excluded Workers Fund, stimulus checks, affordable broadband access, and the Homeownership Relief and Protection Program.
“As our city emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s more important than ever that New Yorkers know where they can find accurate information on the resources available to them,” Stringer said.
The COVID-19 Recovery Center contains information about recent policy changes, options for financial support for residents and businesses alike, and eligibility and how to apply for government assistance including:
- The American Rescue Plan’s expansion of the Child Tax Credit: up to $3,600 available per child
- COVID-19 Funeral Assistance: up to $9,000 per funeral
- Economic Impact Payments (stimulus checks)
- Excluded Workers Fund: up to $15,600 available (minus automatic tax deductions) per applicant
- Homeownership Relief and Protection Program
- Real Property Tax Relief Credit: up to $350 available per household
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Federal and state programs for affordable broadband access: discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service and up to $100 for one-time purchase of a computer or tablet through federal program; high-speed broadband plans as low as $15 per month available to low-income customers through state program
- Recovery and capital grants for nonprofit arts and cultural organizations
- COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Eviction Moratorium
- New York State Eviction Moratorium
- Employee Retention Credit: credit of up to $28,000 per employee for 2021 is available to small businesses that have seen revenues decline or were temporarily shuttered due to COVID-19
- Paid Leave Credit Program: tax credits equal to wages of up to $5,000 available for businesses that offer paid leave to employees who are sick or quarantining
- Restaurant Revitalization Fund: provides restaurants with funding equal to their pandemic-related revenue loss up to $10 million per business and no more than $5 million per physical location
- Shuttered Venue Operators Grant: grants equal to 45% of gross earned revenue available for eligible applicants
- State programs including COVID-19 Pandemic Small Business Recovery Grant Program, New York Restaurant Resiliency Grant Program, Restaurant Return-To-Work Tax Credit, New York City Musical and Theatrical Production Tax Credit
The site offers sign-up information to receive text updates in English and Spanish, and contact information for additional questions and individual assistance.
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!