If you’re the kind of guy that loves to hit the gym every single day for those sick gains, or someone just starting out at the gym, you’re definitely going to want to read this article.
With the peak of the pandemic coming to a close, more and more gyms have started opening across the country.
During this time, it would be quite a calamity if you ended up forgetting to carry some of the most important things for a gym-goer in the midst of COVID-19.
From your own gym gear to essential clothing, there’s a lot of things you might be forgetting when heading out to the gym. Here’s a short list that should cover the few essentials you will regret not carrying with you to the gym:
- Your own towels and gym clothes:
Making it a habit to carry your own towels and other clothing to the gym is absolutely essential, with the pandemic or without. With your own clean clothes and towels, you significantly reduce the chance of contracting skin infections or any other malady passed by other gym goers, which may also include the dreaded coronavirus.?
Keeping a spare set of towels and clothes in your gym locker if you ever forget to get yours is a much better idea than sharing them.?
With germs being spread through sweat in clothes, it seems to be much safer for an individual to use their own clothing as well as much more hygienic.
- Liquids and a post-workout snack:
Always remember to keep yourself well-hydrated pre-workout as having too little hydration can result in poor performance at the gym and painful headaches, in certain cases it might even lead to loss of consciousness. You may choose to add some electrolytes to your water, but always remember the importance of water.?
A post-workout snack is great at providing you with sufficient protein and carbohydrates to help your body quickly recover from any muscle injury and give you some quick energy. A simple fruit like the banana can work wonders, or you could choose to have a protein shake or bar.
- A sweet pair of jockstraps:
Now you might be wondering how a jockstrap could help you at the gym, surprisingly, a lot of people accept the use and importance of the jockstrap. If you haven’t already heard about the jockstrap, here are a few reasons you might consider looking at it and buying it.
- Looks: When worn, the jockstrap helps define your every curve and angle perfectly and can bring out your best look. So if you want to capture the attention of guys and girls alike, keep a pair of these handy.
- Support: When engaging in athletic activity, the jockstrap helps keep your legs firm and thus make movement and strenuous activity a lot safer for every individual.
- Comfort: The jockstrap is extremely comfortable and has been called neither too tight nor too loose, which explains how snugly it fits. Apart from this, it feels like you’re wearing nothing when wearing a jockstrap.
- Flexibility: The jockstrap provides flexibility in usage that no other underwear provides. With this, your stretches and complex workouts will not be affected in the least.
- A strong sanitizer:
With the pandemic in full swing, over 77 % of the gym-goers aged 18 and above agreed that they were less likely to go to the gym. This is quite clearly due to the threat of the virus and thus giving us an idea of how serious a threat the virus can be.?
So remember to carry a bottle of sanitizer and only go to the gym if they sterilize the equipment frequently. Remember to sanitize your hands and other parts touching equipment when going in and out of the gym to minimize the chance of you or any of the other members contracting the disease.?
For an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, it is recommended to have over 60 % alcohol content in the mixture.
- Gym flip flops:
Always carry around a pair of flip flops so that you will not make contact with the gym floor once you shower. This could be a cause of foot infection and should be avoided as much as possible.
Remember to stay safe!
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!