Mark your calendars for Saturday, December 14, when the ice will be flying, chainsaws whirring and hot chocolate flowing on Myrtle Avenue during the Merry on Myrtle Winter Fest in Fort Greene/Clinton Hill.
This annual event, hosted by the Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership, serves as the prelude to the winter solstice. Visitors can stop by the Myrtle Holiday station at Myrtle and Clinton avenues to pick-up a map for the day.
Residents are invited to watch skilled artwork of Okamoto Studio, as their resident artists transform blocks of ice into fun winter creations at three locations along Myrtle Ave.
There also will be indoor events featuring holiday markets, crafts for kids, story time and live music performances, and with more events still being added! For full details and updates, visit myrtleavenue.org/events.
WHAT: Merry on Myrtle
WHERE: Various locations along Myrtle Ave, between Classon & Washington Park in Fort Greene/Clinton Hill
WHEN: Saturday, Dec 14 from 12pm to 3pm
FREE activities for the day include:
Live Ice Carving, 12-2pm, at:
- Myrtle Ave & Hall St, in the Myrtle Avenue Plaza
- Myrtle Ave & Clinton Ave, near Apple Bank
- Myrtle Ave & Washington Park, in Fort Greene Park
- The Emerson, 561 Myrtle Ave, 12-3pm Holiday mini-market & FREE cider (spiked for adults!)
- Locals Market, 332 Myrtle Ave, 12-3pm Holiday gift market & hot drink warm up spot
- Jill Lindsey, 370 Myrtle Ave, 12-3pm Meet-the-Maker Holiday Bazaar, featuring local Brooklyn artists and designers
FUN FOR KIDS
- Blick Art Materials, 527 Myrtle Ave, 12-3pm FREE Holiday crafts! Make your own mini canvas ornament
- FREE Holiday Crafts led by P.S. 67’s art department, at Myrtle Ave & Washington Park 1-1:30pm: Wreath Ornament Decorating 2-2:30pm: Santa Wish List Postcards
- Walt Whitman Library, 2pm FREE holiday story time for kids.
Live Holiday Music P.S. 67 LEAP Choir, at Myrtle Ave & Washington Park Performances will be at 12:30, 1:30 and 2:30pm
WARM UP WITH FREE DRINKS
- Myrtle Wine & Spirits, 166 Myrtle, 12-3pm FREE spiced mulled wine
- Corkscrew Brooklyn, 489 Myrtle Ave, 12-3pm FREE mulled wine
- FREE Hot Chocolate station, at Myrtle Ave & Hall St, 12-3pm Courtesy of Liberty Pizza
- Vine, 81 Fleet Pl, 5-7pm Special cocktail happy hour (mention Merry on Myrtle for the deal!)
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!