Brooklyn wants to give you $$$ for your guns! This Saturday, August 27, 2016 you can drop by Clarendon Road Church at 3304 Clarendon Road in Brooklyn, New York between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to drop off your operable handguns and rifles in exchange for a $200 bank card.
Frequently Asked Questions:
HOW DO I BRING A GUN TO THE DROP OFF-SITE?
• Guns must be placed in a plastic or paper bag or box.
CAN I TRANSPORT THE GUN IN A CAR?
• If transporting the gun by car, the gun must be transported in the trunk of the car.
WHEN DO I GET THE CASH CARD?
• After the gun is screened by officers and determined to be operable, you will be issued a cash card.
CAN I SURRENDER A RIFLE OR SHOTGUN?
• Yes, rifles and shotguns will be accepted. However, the payout for rifles and shotguns is only $25.
HOW MANY GUNS CAN I SURRENDER?
• You may surrender as many guns as you wish, but you will only receive payment for up to three guns.
IS THERE A PHONE NUMBER I CAN CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION?
• Yes, you can call 311 for information regarding the Brooklyn Gun Buy Back Program.
CAN ANY MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC SURRENDER A GUN?
• Active or retired law enforcement officers and licensed gun dealers are not eligible to participate in the program.
CAN ANY FIREARM BE TURNED IN?
• Yes, all firearms can be turned in to this program. However, you only be compensated for operable handguns, assault rifles, rifles and shotguns. MAXIMUM of 3.
For more information please visit www.brooklynda.org
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!