The event will take place at the Liberty Warehouse, located at 260 Conover Street, in Redhook.
This year’s Brooklyn Honors honorees are:
- Denise D. Arbesu, Senior Vice President of Citibank, Chair of the Board of Directors, Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce
- Milovan Blair, Senior Vice President of Central Operations at Con Edison
- Selena Cuffe, Co-founder and CEO of Heritage Link Brands
- Monique L. Nelson, Chair and CEO of Uniworld Group, Inc.
- Melvin D. Thompson, CEO/Owner of Lawrence H. Woodward Funeral Home, Inc., recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award
“It is our great privilege and pleasure to celebrate this constellation of Brooklyn luminaries, while working to fulfill our mission as a trusted and beloved community resource for Bed-Stuy’s children and families,” says Dordy Jourdain, executive director of the Bedford-Stuyvesant YMCA.
The Bedford-Stuyvesant YMCA was the first branch to receive the YMCA of Greater New York’s Janice Reals Ellig Transformational Leadership Award in 2009. This distinction, awarded during the YMCA of Greater New York’s annual General Assembly, is only occasionally bestowed upon YMCA branches that have successfully achieved a positive, sustainable outcome that contributes in a major way to the Y’s vision for New York City.
Tickets can be purchased from the Brooklyn Honors website: www.brooklynhonors.com. To RSVP, email Meghan Berry at email@example.com or 212-630-9719.
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!