Artists, non-profits, and cultural groups are eligible to rent below-market office and studio space in DUMBO, Brooklyn through Two Trees Management Company’s Cultural Space Subsidy Program. Space will be awarded to applicants who best demonstrate their capabilities and intent to provide a social benefit to Brooklyn and have a proven track record of community engagement. The deadline to apply is June 15, 2015.
Two Trees Management Company is dedicated to maintaining a diverse and creative group of commercial tenants that underscores DUMBO’s identity as a neighborhood where innovation, entrepreneurship, and community engagement are celebrated. Recognizing that market rents are not feasible for all, Two Trees maintains 50,000 square feet of commercial space in DUMBO for below-market tenants through this program.
Groups chosen through the application process will receive three-year leases at $12/foot (in monthly payments, that’s just $1/foot) in buildings that command market rents of more than $40/foot. The program is open to arts, education, and community-focused groups, primarily, but not limited to, 501c3 nonprofit organizations. Professional artists with a strong exhibition history or community focused practice are also eligible.
Current tenants include:
· Artists Sharon Butler, Tom Fruin, Kyle Goen, Mary Mattingly, and Elizabeth Riley
· Art F City, a popular art blog
· Cave Canem Foundation, which promotes the work of African American poets
· Edible Schoolyard NYC, which runs nutrition and gardening classes at city schools
· Radio Diaries, which has been promoting citizen journalism since 1996
· United Photo Industries, which produces the annual Photoville photography festival
The commercial office and studio spaces range from 700 to 2,500 square feet, with natural light and high ceilings. All tenants that participate in the program will share in the amenities enjoyed by all Two Trees commercial tenants, including access to freight elevators, communal conference rooms, and high-speed internet.
Applications are available here: https://twotreesny-cssp.submittable.com/submit