South Of the Navy Yard Artists (SONYA) is pleased to announce that the 16th annual SONYA Art Walk, taking place the weekend of May 30 – 31, 2014.
The SONYA Art Walk is a self-guided tour of fine arts studios and other art venues in four of Brooklyn’s most vibrant neighborhoods: Fort Greene, Clinton Hill, Wallabout, and Bedford-Stuyvesant. Maps will be available at our information hubs and via the SONYA ArtWalk 2015 app.
The SONYA registry encompasses a full spectrum of disciplines, including painting, drawing, sculpture, photography and ceramics, at the emerging, mid-career and established levels of practice. The Art Walk gives viewers an opportunity to meet with participating SONYA artists, and immerse themselves in spaces of creation.
About the SONYA Art Walk:
• Over 50 artists in the most evocative neighborhoods of Brooklyn will be opening their studio doors! Get a voyeuristic viewof the elegant brownstones of Bed-Stuy, Clinton Hill and
Fort Greene, to the warehouses and lofts around the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
• Workshops and live events will take place at participating merchant spaces as well as outdoors at Putnam Triangle and Fowler Square.
• Creativity + Commerce: Visitors can take time to reflect over a bite or drinks with our featured sponsors including: Speedy Romeo, Brooklyn Public House, Corkscrew Wines, 11238 Coffee, Dick and Janes, The Great Georgiana, Madiba, Hops Hill, Brooklyn Moon, Alice Arbor, and Tipsy! Make it an Art Bar Crawl!
• Our neighborhoods are accessible via the MTA C line between Lafayette and Franklin Avenue stations, the G line between Clinton-Washington and Bedford-Nostrand stations, the B, Q and R lines at Dekalb Avenue station, and all lines stopping at Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center.
• Access the artists and merchant map via the SONYA ArtWalk app, available during the event.
The SONYA Art Walk is FREE, family-friendly and open to the public!
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!