Why not start with a slight spin on a traditional dish that is both healthy, delicious and easy to prepare!
Today’s dish are brussels sprouts. Wait, before you turn up your nose, as a green vegetable, this tasty leafy vegetable can pack a small healthy punch at our Thanksgiving table by replacing your collard greens.
And brussels sprouts are delicious when paired with poultry:
Brussels Sprouts with Brown Butter and Sage
2 pounds of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
6-8 fresh sage leaves, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Toss the halved sprouts with olive oil.
3. Put the Brussels sprouts sliced-side down on a baking sheet, and put in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until soft.
4. While the sprouts are roasting, heat butter in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Cook sage until butter is lightly brown and you start to smell the sage, about 2-3 minutes.
5. When the sprouts are done roasting, remove from oven and pour butter and sage mixture over. Toss to coat, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
*Recipe Source: greatist.com
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!