Brooklyn Breastfeeding Empowerment Zone and By My Side Birth Support Program, as a part of Healthy Start Brooklyn, announces the next Community Doula Training!
The next class will begin January 27-30, 2015. The free training will prepare Bed Stuy and Brownsville residents to provide support to expectant families during and after birth. This class provides national certification and a new skill that is growing in demand!
During the four‐day training, the following topics will be discussed:
- Prenatal care and nutrition
- Providing emotional and physical support
- Pain management
- Should reside in or near Bedford Stuyvesant or Brownsville (CD#3 or CD#16)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be reliable and committed to serving others
- Must be an excellent communicator
- Must commit to attending four (4) two‐hour continuing education classes, to be held bi‐ weekly following the training
Applications are due Thursday, November 21, 2014.
To obtain an application or more information, please contact: Amara Foster, the Breatfeeding Empowerment Zone Program Coordinator: 718‐637‐5295, or email email@example.com
For a complete list of requirements please follow this link:
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!