The Brooklyn Bridge will be closed Manhattan-bound from midnight Friday through 6 am Monday. While the Manhattan Bridge remains an alternative for Manhattan-bound traffic, motorists should also consider the Williamsburg Bridge or Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel (MTA-tolled facility) due to an expected high volume of traffic. Brooklyn-bound traffic will access the Brooklyn Bridge from Pearl Street or Centre Street, using a contraflow configuration. There will be additional access to the bridge via the Park Row ramp from Frankfort Street from 6 am Saturday until 1 am Sunday, and on Sunday from 9 am to 11 pm.
The Willis Avenue Bridge will be closed intermittently between 2 am and 5 am nightly through October 31 to test the swing span. Each swing span test is expected to take 15 minutes or less.
The following streets will be closed on Saturday:
* 2nd Avenue between 56th Street and 43rd Street, 43rd Street and 44th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenue, 47th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenue, and 56th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenue in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 4 pmfor the Nigeria Independence Day Festival.
* Broadway between 110th Street and 116th Street in Manhattan will be closed fromnoon to 5 pm for the 22nd Annual Upper Broadway Fall Festival.
* 18th Avenue between 60th Street and 84th Street and 60th Street between 17th Avenue and 18th Avenue in Brooklyn will be closed from 1 pm to 3 pm for the FIAO Brooklyn Columbus Parade.
The following streets will be closed on Sunday:
* Broadway between 46th Street and 54th Street in Manhattan will be closed from10:30 am to 7:30 pm for the CBGB Music Festival.
* 5th Avenue between 44th Street and 69th Street and 44th Street between 5th Avenue and 6th Avenue in Manhattan will be closed from noon to 5 pm for the Hispanic Columbus Day Parade.
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Monday, Columbus Day:
* 5th Avenue between 47th Street and 72nd Street and 44th Street to 47th Street between Madison Avenue and 6th Avenue will be closed from 11:20 am to 5 pm for the Columbus Day Parade.
* Whitehall Street between Stone Street and Water Street and Broadway between Liberty Street and Battery Place will be closed from noon to 6 pm for the Bowling Green Association Street Festival.
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!