1. Alternate side of the street parking will be suspended for 3 days this week:
- Monday, Oct. 6, in recognition of Idul-Adha
- Thursday, Oct 9, in recognition of Succoth
- Friday, October 10, in recognition of Succoth
2. Weather: Highs all week this week in the low 70s, high 60s. Dry all week until Friday, when showers are predicted with a high of 62.
3. MTA Planned Service Changes–
4. Community Board 3, covering Bedford-Stuyvesant, will hold its monthly meeting on Monday, October 6, 7:00pm at Bedford-Stuyvesant Restoration Plaza, located at 1368 Fulton Street, basement level. Public participation is encouraged and welcomed!
5. On Tuesday Oct. 7, from 10:00am 12:00pm, Robert Cornegy, Jr., in conjunction with the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerces Chamber-on-the-Go, will hold a job interviewing skills workshop at the Eleanor Roosevelt Community Center, located at 400 Hart Street, btw Lewis and Stuyvesant avenues. To RSVP, call 718-919-0740.
6. This weekend will kick off Bed-Stuy Alive! with the Restoration Rocks Concert, featuring Dougie Fresh and Slick Rick. Check out the weeks lineup here, and mark your calendars as Bed-Stuy comes alive!
7. Calling all animal lovers! If you have room in your heart and home for a feline friend or a canine companion, make sure Adopt-a-Pet Day is on your calendar. On Saturday, October 11th, from 11:00 AM until 3:00 PM, Brooklyn Borough Hall Plaza will be the “purr-fect” place to find a “fur-bulous” new friend of the four-legged variety.
8. The Youth, Education and Safety (YES) Task Force’s Youth Advisory Council is looking for 25 youth aged 14-21, both in and out of school. This internship program allows youth to work on multiple projects and events that address the needs and concerns of youth in Central Brooklyn. DOWNLOAD APPLICATION HERE. Applications are due by October 15, 2014. For information or to submit an application, email Oma Holloway at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!