The Brooklyn Bridge will be closed to Manhattan-bound traffic on Saturday from 12:01 am to 7 am and on Sunday from 12:01 am to 9 am. Motorists should consider the Manhattan Bridge, Williamsburg Bridge, or Hugh L. Carey Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel (MTA-tolled facility) as alternate routes.
One of three lanes on the lower roadway of the Manhattan Bridge westbound to Manhattan will be closed from 6 am to 10 pm Saturday and Sunday to facilitate bridge repairs.
The Broadway Bridge over the Harlem River will be fully closed intermittently for up to 15 minutes at a time between 11 pm Saturday and 6 am Sunday for maintenance of the operating machinery. Traffic queues will be allowed to clear between closures. The work is weather-dependent; the rain date is Saturday, September 20.
Mulberry Street between Canal Street and Broome Street and Hester Street between Mott Street and Baxter Street will be closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 5:30 pm to 9 pm for the Little Italy Pedestrian Mall. Mulberry Street between Canal Street and East Houston Street, Grand Street between Mott Street and Centre Street, and Hester Street between Mott Street and Centre Street will be closed between 11:30 am and 11 pm from September 11 through September 21 for the San Gennaro Festival.
The following streets will be closed on Saturday:
* 5th Avenue between 80th Street and 59th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 8 am for the NYRR Continental Airlines 5th Avenue Mile.
* Broadway between 47th Street and 57th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Guardian Angels and St. Patrick’s Fair.
* Broadway between 110th Street and 116th Street in Manhattan will be closed fromnoon to 5 pm for the 21st Annual Upper Broadway Autumn Festival.
* Crotona Avenue between Crotona Park North and Crotona Park South in the Bronx will be closed from noon to 8 pm for the March for God’s Glory.
* Havemeyer Street between South 4th Street and Grand Street in Brooklyn will be closed from 1 pm to 6 pm for the DOT Weekend Walks Southside Connex.
* Woodside Avenue between Roosevelt Avenue and 65th Place and 61st Street between Roosevelt Avenue and Woodside Avenue in Queens will be closed from noon to 6 pm for the Woodside on the Move Woodside Avenue Festival.
The following streets will be closed on Sunday:
* Madison Avenue between 37th Street and 23rd Street, 36th Street and 37th Street between 5th Avenue and Park Avenue, and 25th Street between Madison Avenue and Park Avenue in Manhattan will be closed from 1 pm to 6 pm for the United American Muslim Day Parade and Festival.
* Lexington Avenue between 79th Street and 96th Street in Manhattan will be closed from noon to 5 pm for the 92nd Street Y Lexington Avenue Festival.
* Amsterdam Avenue between West 106th Street and West 110th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 5 pm for the DOT Weekend Walks Bloomingdale Family Days.
* 5th Avenue between 44th Street and 59th Street in Brooklyn will be closed from noon to 6 pm for the Sunset Park BID 5th Avenue Street Festival.
* Southern Boulevard between East Tremont Avenue and Boston Road, Boston Road between Southern Boulevard and Charlotte Street, and Charlotte Street between Crotona Park East and Boston Road in the Bronx will be closed from noon to 2:30 pmfor the International Honduran and Central American Parade.
* Myrtle Avenue between Fresh Pond Road and Wyckoff Avenue in Queens will be closed from noon to 6 pm for the Myrtle Avenue BID Myrtle Avenue Festival.
* 172nd Street between Hillside Avenue and 93rd Avenue in Queens will be closed from 1 pm to 3 pm for a fund raising parade.
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!