The event will take place on October 12, 2014 during the Bed Stuy Alive celebration. As one of the oldest Brooklyn run routes in New York and given its proximity to the NYC Marathon, many athletes see Restoration’s 10K as a “warm up” to their long-distance run in November.
However, people of all fitness levels and ages are attracted to the race which has become a much anticipated community event. Not only are participants impressed by Bed-stuy’s community character – culture, brownstones and rich history– they also enjoy the camaraderie and the energy this neighborhood run distinctly offers.
All activities start at:
Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Plaza
1368 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY 11216
For Runners Only – Morning Schedule
8 AM Day of Event Registration
9:30 AM Bike Ride and Kiddie Run
10:00 AM 10K Race and 5K Walk
• Restroom facilities available. The race starts at 10 AM.
• T-shirts and refreshments
• Music and entertainment
• All children are winners and receive a medallion
• First 50 walkers to finish receive medallions
• For runners only: The top male and female winners will
receive the Robert E. Thomas Memorial Reward.
– Additional awards will be presented to the top three in
each of the following age categories:
14-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49,
50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and over.
• $500, $250, $150 in cash prizes will be given to the top
3 male and female runners.
Click here to RSVP!
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!