The Brooklyn Bridge will be closed to Manhattan-bound traffic on Saturday from 12:01 am to 11 am and on Sunday from 12:01am to 9:00am. Motorists should consider the Manhattan Bridge, Williamsburg Bridge, or Hugh L. Carey Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel (MTA-tolled facility) as alternate routes.
To allow traffic to clear before the closure begins, the eastbound BQE exit onto the Brooklyn Bridge will close 30 minutes earlier and other Brooklyn ramps onto the bridge will shut down 5-15 minutes earlier.
The Willis Avenue Bridge will be closed to motorists and pedestrians on Saturday from 2 am to 6 am for swing span testing.
Mulberry Street between Canal Street and Broome Street and Hester Street between Mott Street and Baxter Street will be closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 5:30 pm to 9 pm for the Little Italy Pedestrian Mall.
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Saturday from 10 am to noon for the NYC Central Labor Council Parade:
* 5th Avenue between 43rd Street and 72nd Street
* Madison Avenue between 43rd Street and 45th Street
* 6th Avenue between 43rd Street and 45th Street
* 44th Street and 45th Street between Broadway and Vanderbilt Avenue
* 46th Street and 47th Street between 7th Avenue and Vanderbilt Avenue
* 48th Street between 7th Avenue and Madison Avenue
* Vanderbilt Avenue between 43rd Street and 47th Street
* 66th Street to 72nd Street between 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue
3rd Avenue between 14th Street and 23rd Street in Manhattan will be closed on Saturday from 11 am to 6 pm for the Gramercy Park Neighborhood Festival Albano Republican Club Stuyvesant Park Neighborhood Fair.
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Sunday:
* 3rd Avenue between 86th Street and 66th Street will be closed from noon to 5 pmfor the Manhattan Chamber of Commerce 3rd Avenue Community Benefit Festival.
* Little West Street between 1st Place and 2nd Place and the Hudson River bike route between Battery Park and the George Washington Bridge will be closed from 2 pm to 5 pm for Bike and Beats.
* Central Park West between 69th Street and 90th Street will be closed from 9 am to 11 pm for the Susan G. Komen Run Walk.
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!