The Brooklyn Bridge will be fully closed Manhattan-bound from midnight Friday to 7 am Saturday and from midnight Saturday to 9 am Sunday.
Two of four left lanes on the Gowanus Expressway inbound/northbound between the Prospect Expressway and the Brooklyn Queens Expressway will be maintained between 12:01 am Saturday and 5 am Monday. One of two lanes on the Gowanus Expressway outbound/southbound between 54th Street and 72nd Street will be maintained from 12:01 am to 8 am Saturday, and again from 12:01 am to 9 am Sunday. At all other times two lanes will be maintained outbound. Additionally the 3rd Avenue entrance to the southbound Gowanus will be closed from 9 pm Friday to 3 pm Monday. These closures are required to facilitate NY State DOT roadway reconstruction.
One tube of the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel will be closed from 9 pm Friday to 5 am Monday to facilitate MTA electrical work. One lane will be open in each direction in the remaining tube. Motorists should expect delays.
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Saturday:
* Hamilton Place between 142nd Street and Amsterdam Avenue and 143rd Street between Amsterdam Avenue and Hamilton Place will be closed from 11 am to 5 pmfor the DOT Weekend Walks Hamilton Heights-Sugar Hill Annual Cultural Festival.
* Mott Street between Canal Street and Worth Street will be closed from 11 am to 4 pm for the DOT Weekend Walks Chinatown Partnership.
* 6th Avenue between 42nd Street and 56th Street will be closed from 11 am to 6 pmfor the USO Avenue of the Americas Summer Festival and Global Role Models Festival.
* Madison Avenue between 104th Street and 116th Street, 116th Street between Madison Avenue and Pleasant Avenue, Pleasant Avenue between 116th Street and 120th Street, and 120th Street between Pleasant Avenue and 1st Avenue will be closed from 1 pm to 2:30 pm for the Governeur Parents’ Association Parade.
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Sunday from noon to 6 pm for the LGBT Heritage of Pride March & Festival:
* 5th Avenue between 41st Street and 8th Street
* 41st Street and 40th Street between Park Avenue and 5th Avenue
* 39th Street to 36th Street between 6th Avenue and Park Avenue
* 8th Street between 5th Avenue and 6th Avenue
* Christopher Street between 6th Avenue and Greenwich Street
* Greenwich Street between 11th Street and Leroy Street
* Hudson Street between Bethune Street and West 14th Street
* West 13th Street between 9th Avenue and West 4th Street
The following streets will be closed on Sunday:
* Lexington Avenue between 42nd Street and 53rd Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Vanderbilt YMCA Lexington Avenue Festival.
* Edward Morgan Place between 156th Street and 157th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 1 pm to 5 pm for the DOT Weekend Walks Summer Sundays in the Heights.
* Flatbush Avenue between Parkside Avenue and Cortelyou Road in Brooklyn will be closed from noon to 6 pm for the Flatbush Avenue Festival.
The times listed for closures for street fairs are for the actual times of the street fairs themselves. The streets may be closed longer to allow for set-up and breakdown. Street fair organizers are generally permitted to begin set-up at 8 am and breakdown must be completed by 7 pm.
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!