Israeli soldiers are searching the West Bank for three teenagers, one of them a U.S. citizen, reported missing on Friday from nearby settlements, reported the Associated Press.
Israel police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said one of the missing teens called police to say the three had been kidnapped, without giving additional details. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu blamed the Palestinian Authority for their disappearance without elaborating, saying he held the government responsible for their safety.
To read the full story, go here.
Rabbi Yaacov Behrman, a member of the Crown Heights Jewish community, issued the following statement on behalf of the Jewish Future Alliance:
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the missing Yeshiva students in Israel. The students were last seen between Kfar Etzion and the settlement Alon Shvut. Many of us have traveled that road on our visits to Israel. It is believed that Palestinian terrorists kidnapped the boys.
“We call on President Obama to send a strong message to Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas that he will be accountable for any harm that should befall these boys.
“Hamas spokesman Hassan Badran is calling on Arabs in Judea and Samaria to obstruct the Israeli effort to find the boys.
“The Chief Rabbis of Israel issued a joint statement calling on members of the public to recite psalm 121 and pray for the safety of the boys,” said Behrman.
“The rabbinate also called on all Jewish women make sure to light Shabbat candles and say prayers in merit of the missing youths.“
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!