One of three westbound lanes on the lower level of the Manhattan Bridge will be closed on Saturday from 6 am to 2 pm to facilitate maintenance work.
One of four lanes in each direction on the Williamsburg Bridge will be closed on Saturday from 6:30 am to 12:30 pm to facilitate maintenance work.
One tube of the Hugh L. Carey Brooklyn Battery Tunnel will be closed from 9 pm Friday to 5 am Monday to facilitate MTA electrical work. One lane will be open in each direction in the remaining tube.
Two of three southbound lanes on the FDR Drive at East 74th Street will be closed from 10:30 pm Friday to 6:30 am Saturday (rain date 10:30 pm Saturday to 6:30 am Sunday) to facilitate NYCDEP roadway work.
There will be lane closures in each direction on the FDR Drive under the pedestrian bridges at East 81st Street, East 111th Street and East 120th Street on Sunday for scheduled inspections of the under-decks of the bridges. Two lanes in each direction under each bridge will be closed between 4 am and 7 am, and one lane in each direction will remain closed until 11 am. At least one lane in each direction will remain open to traffic at all times.
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to midnight Saturday and Sunday for the Big Apple Barbeque Block Party:
* Madison Avenue between 23rd Street and 28th Street
* Broadway between 25th Street and 26th Street
* 24th Street and 25th Street between Madison Avenue and Park Avenue
* 26th Street between 5th Avenue and Park Avenue
* 27th Street between Madison Avenue and Lexington Avenue
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Saturday:
* 3rd Avenue between 106th Street and 122nd Street and 116th Street between Lexington Avenue and 2nd Avenue will be closed from noon to 5 pm for the Abrazo del Barrio Street Festival.
* 1st Avenue between 68th Street and 79th Street will be closed from noon to 5 pmfor the Lenox Hill Neighborhood House 1st Avenue Festival.
The following streets will be closed on Sunday: The following streets in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the National Puerto Rican Day Parade:
* 5th Avenue between 42nd Street and 86th Street
* Madison Avenue between 44th Street and 49th Street
* 6th Avenue between 44th Street and 49th Street (east side)
* 43rd Street between 6th Avenue and Madison Avenue
* 44th Street and 45th Street between Broadway and Madison Avenue
* 46th Street to 48th Street between 6th Avenue and Madison Avenue
* 80th Street to 85th Street between 5th Avenue and Lexington Avenue
* 80th Street between Park Avenue and 3rd Avenue
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!