The Brooklyn Nets will hold open auditions for the Brooklynettes dance team on Saturday, June 28 at 11 a.m. at the Arnold and Marie Schwartz Center on the LIU Brooklyn campus at 1 University Plaza. Registration begins at 10:00am.
The Brooklynettes perform at all Brooklyn Nets games at Barclays Center during the 2014-15 season and represent the team at events throughout the New York metropolitan area and internationally.
There will be two audition intensives on June 10 and June 23, to prepare for the final audition. Session I will be a hip hop session and held on Tuesday, June 10 from 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. at Barclays Center, 620 Atlantic Avenue. Session II will be a street jazz session and held on Monday, June 23 from 6:30pm-9:30pm at LIU Brooklyn, 1 University Plaza, Brooklyn
Callback auditions will be held on Sunday, June 29 at Barclays Center and taught by Brooklyn-born choreographer Rhapsody James, who has choreographed for artists such as Beyoncé, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez and the “Step Up 2: The Streets” feature film.
Rhapsody will also serve as a guest judge alongside Bloc Talent Agencys Fatima Wilson.
- Dancers must be 18 or older and have extensive dance training in hip hop and jazz styles.
- Tumbling skills are a plus, but not required.
- Wear two-piece attire and non-marking sneakers.
- Arrive in glamorous, performance-ready hair and makeup.
- Select dancers will be invited to attend a callback audition on June 29 at Barclays Center.
- Finalists must be available the evenings of June 30 and July 1.
For more information about auditions and the Brooklynettes Audition Intensives, please visit brooklynettes.com.
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!