1. Alternate Side Parking regulations are suspended on Monday, February 17, in observance of President’s Day.
2. NYC Public Schools this week are on mid-winter break. NYC public school students will be out of school beginning Mon. Feb 17- Friday Feb 21.
3. Snow is predicted to make an appearance one more time by this Tuesday. But after that, temperatures climb all the way to 50 degrees by Friday!
4. On Tuesday, February 18, Community Board 2 (covering the neighborhoods of Clinton Hill and Fort Greene), will hold a public hearing to provide the public the opportunity to comment on an application by Black Forest Brooklyn Restaurant to construct and operate an unenclosed sidewalk café at 733 Fulton Street (between South Elliot and South Portland) in Fort Greene.
5. The New York Botanical Garden is taking advantage of the February school break by hosting a family-friendly culinary food festival February 17-23, part of its Edible Academy programming, which focuses on “the important connections between plants, gardening, nutrition, and the benefits of a healthful lifestyle.” The weeklong event, which takes place in the Dining Pavilion behind the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory, will offer cooking demonstrations, food tastings, tips and recipes from local chefs and garden staff, workshops, hands-on activities, and live entertainment. Parents and children can stop by the Tip-Top Pickle Shop, the Cheesemonger’s Shop, the Bakery, and Spice Adventures to learn about specific parts of the food-making process and can also create seed packets to grow their own basil. All-Garden Pass: adults $20, children two to twelve $8. Call 718-817-8700.
6. This Tuesday (and every third Tuesday of each month), the 88th Police Precinct will hold its monthly community council meeting. Location, TBD (call the precinct at 718-636-6511). The public is invited to discuss your community concerns and receive updates on monthly police activitiy.
7. Also on Tuesday, January 18, from 2:00pm – 4:00pm, The Brooklyn Museum will hold “Brooklyn Afternoons: Art and Conversation for Individuals with Memory Loss” (and their caregivers). Both are invited to join the museum tour guides for this monthly conversation about art. Registration required at [email protected] or 718-501-6350.