State Senator Daniel Squadron today announced that a temporary shuttle bus service will begin operating on Tuesday, February 18, transporting riders between the India St./Greenpoint and the N. 6th St./N. Williamsburg East River Ferry to facilitate East River Ferry access for riders who use the India St./Greenpoint landing, which has been out of service since Thursday, February 13.
“More and more New Yorkers depend on ferries as part of their daily lives,” said Squadron, who requested the free shuttle. “Critical repairs and safety reviews could strand many commuters as the India Street terminal is kept out of service — shuttle buses to the nearest ferry stop will go a long way for many commuters.”
The free shuttle will operate for a minimum of two weeks, pending ridership
Southbound Morning Rush Hour Service: First departure at 6:50 a.m.; additional departures every 20 minutes; final departure at 9:30 a.m.
- Stop 1: India Street ferry landing at the corner of India Street & West Street
- Stop 2: Franklin Street at the B32 bus stop between Noble St & Oak St
- Stop 3: North Williamsburg ferry landing at the foot of North 6th Street
Northbound Evening Rush Hour Service: First departure at 4:30 p.m.; additional departures every 20 minutes; final departure at 7:20 p.m.
- Stop 1: North Williamsburg ferry landing at the foot of North 6th Street
- Stop 2: Franklin Street & Noble Street at the B32 bus stop
- Stop 3: Franklin Street & Greenpoint Avenue at the B32 bus stop
- Stop 4: Franklin Street & India Street
- Stop 5: India Street ferry landing at the corner of India Street & West Street
For more information or detailed East River Ferry schedules, please visit https://www.eastriverferry.com.
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!