1. Alternate Side Parking regulations will be suspended on Wednesday, February 12, in recognition of Abraham Lincolns birthday.
2. ITS COLD!!! Well be in the high 20s for the first part of the week, according to weather.com. When it finally begins to warm up around Thursday, thats when its likely we get yet another snowstorm. The good news is, the freeze may be finally receding after that. The subsequent five days, temperatures will hover around the mid- to high-30s.
3. On Wednesday, at 7:30pm join The Brecht Forum and Brooklyn Movement Center for a people’s history of black Brooklyn told through the oral histories of Yusuf Nurrudin, Kendall Jackman, Derrick Scott, and Zakia Henderson-Brown, moderated by Patrick Dougher. The event will take place at the Brecht Forum, located at 388 Atlantic Avenue.
4. This Thursday, at 6:30pm, the Brooklyn Museum is featuring a special, free Spanish Visit and Tour of the museum. View art and share your perspective with a friendly and knowledgeable tour guide during the museums usual visiting hours. Este Jueves, 13 de febrero, 6:30 p.m., Visita en Español: “Enamorandonos” Gratis con entrada al museo. Contempla arte y comparte tu perspectiva con una amable y conocedora guía, en nuestras visitas mensuales gratis en Español.
5. This week is your last week to register for the DIVAS for Social Justice mid-winter break STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Arts Math) Camp for girls. The camp starts next Monday, February 17 February 21. For more information, go here.
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!