The Brooklyn Cooperative Federal Credit Union is seeking to fill a position of Part-time Member Services Representative
Brooklyn Cooperative Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial institution with more than 7,000 members and over $13 million in assets. We serve two adjacent neighborhoods, Bushwick and Bedford Stuyvesant, each among the most under-banked neighborhoods in New York City. The credit union provides fair and affordable financial services, including saving, checking, and ATM accounts, and consumer, micro-enterprise, and housing loans.
The Part-time Member Services Representative (MSR) is a key position at the credit union. He or she is often the first point of contact for people coming to the credit union to learn about what we do or to open an account. The MSR also assists existing members with their questions or concerns. The best person for this position will be a flexible, pro-active, reliable, and friendly team member willing to support the organization as outlined below and in ways that will evolve over time.
- Promptly respond to all member inquiries and requests
- Exercise strict adherence to security, operating, and compliance policies
- Complete projects assigned by branch and organizational managers in a timely fashion
- Promote the credit union’s diverse programs within the membership
- Coordinate with other branch staff to meet branch goals and diverse operating needs
- The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Facility for working in customer service
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivation, initiative, dedication and a commitment to the community development mission of Brooklyn Cooperative
- Credit union, banking, or related experience
Hourly rate at 25 hrs /week, Tuesdays through Saturdays
Commensurate with experience
Please submit resume and cover letter ASAP to:
Brooklyn Cooperative Federal Credit Union
1474 Myrtle Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11237
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!