Work Continues on the Nostrand Avenue Project, running from Flushing Avenue to Atlantic Avenue.
After a grueling summer for motorist convinced that the road had been hijacked straight out of a third-world country, pavement finally was laid from Dekalb Avenue to Clifton Place, offering a whopping four-block reprieve.
But there’s still six months remaining before the projects planned completion, summer 2014.
Construction goals have included:
- Distribution of water main and combined sewer replacement
- New pavement, curbs and sidewalks
- New catch basins, chute connections, ADA compliant pedestrian ramps, manholes, and fire hydrants
- New street lighting and traffic signs
- New trees, installation of a bioswale, bus pads and neckdowns
Work Completed/In Progress for September/October 2013: The installation of the water main, curbs/sidewalks/roadway, the SBS Bus bulbs and sewer.
Work Scheduled/In Progress for November/December 2013: The installation of the water main, asphalt roadway pavement and sewer.
For more information and to follow the progress of the reconstruction of Nostrand AVenue (Project ID: HWK1129), visit the New York City Design and Construction website.
Make a Donation
BK Reader is brought to you for free daily. Please consider supporting independent local news by making a donation here. Whether it is $1 or $100, no donation is too big or too small!